Thursday, May 31, 2012

Handmade vs Custom Made

Happy Thursday--- weekend is almost here.

Today I wanted to to discuss the difference between "handmade" and "custom made". 
Here is my take:
Handmade to me means made by hand and when I see it on a facebook profile or an about us page on a website I assume that all the items there are all handmade by the owner of the site.
However when I see the words custom made, I get confused. Are the items custom made by the owner themselves? Or are they custom made by someone else and sold on the site? Or are they custom made in an entirely different country and sold on the website? Does custom made mean that they can tailor it to your needs, but still handmade? Am I the only one unable to get the meaning?
I would love to hear your opinions of these terms. 

(And there might be a giveaway involving this bag this weekend, just sayin')
So tell your friends to stop by and give us their opinion too!


1 comment:

  1. I believe that some items are custom made by the seller in their home but they would like to give their customer an opinion in their purchase. I personally do not do custom orders in my shop as of yet (the idea seems a bit overwhelming)but I might offer a few tweaks in the future. I do however like the idea that when I make something their is only one in that particular print or design :)

    ReplyDelete